Friday 24 August 2012

My last post (until my next adventure!)

Hi guys

So it's been just over a week since I came back into Australia, and it's taken a while to adjust back into the daily grind. I find myself saying Asante (thank you, in swahili) to check-out chicks and petrol station guys who don't know what the hell i'm saying. I still hold my bag close to me in case someone tries to take it, and it's taking a while to shrink my big kenyan stomach back to it's original size!
Family and friends ask me 'how was it?', 'is living in Kenya tough?' and it's hard to give them an honest answer. I think everybody needs to go to a place like Kenya to understand what tough living is like. Unless you see with your own eyes people living on $2.50 a day, old women trying to sell food (or anything) on the side of the street just to get some food for their children, that's tough living. Or even just not having running water and needing to fetch it from the well. On the other hand it's a great holiday destination too! So many beautiful resorts, seeing wild animals and collecting funky african bits n pieces to take home, it's pretty fun.

Personally, I'm really glad I got the opportunity to teach kids a very important skill that they will keep for the rest of their lives. I'm happy I got to explore a different country, meet amazing people who live happy lives there, and experience a different lifestyle for 10 weeks. But i'm very happy to be back home. Now it's time to knuckle down and save for my next adventure, wherever that will be..

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed it, and that you go out there and have your own adventures.

Kwaheri,
Beth




No comments:

Post a Comment